Each month during 2016, the NY Literary Magazine runs a free-to-enter Poetry Contest.
We are now accepting submissions for this month’s Best Poetry Contest.
Our literary magazine is seeking outstanding poems from talented poets.
The poems we are searching for are emotionally stirring with a deep meaning. Poems that make you think and feel and wonder, poems that stay with you even long after you have read them. Unforgettable poems, that will withstand the test of time.
Send in your best poetry for a chance to be published in our print poetry magazine and win an honor Award seal.
We’re accepting poetry submissions in the following categories:
- Dark, Sad, and Depressed Poems
- Poems about Life and Death
- Love & Heartbreak Poems
- Humor and Sarcasm Poems
- Children’s Poetry
- Sociopolitical Poems (including Poems Calling for Change)
- Uplifting Poems
- Poems with Deep Meaning (Poetic Thoughts, Emotions, Experiences, Poems about Life, Living and Death)
The three best poems in each category will be awarded Gold, Silver, and Bronze Award seals.
A selection of outstanding poems will be published in our next poetry magazine.
We accept multiple submissions from each writer.
We accept submissions from writers of any age and nationality.
You do not need to have been previously published anywhere. We don’t care about your credentials, your writing is what matters to us.
Please submit your poems via our Online Submissions page.
Monthly Poetry Contest Submission period: From the 1st to the 15th.
Our Editors read from the 15th to the 29th.
(NOTE: If you submit your poem after the 15th it will be queued for the next month’s contest.)
Winners will be announced on the 1st of the following month.
She has the final say over what gets published in the magazine and who wins the poetry contests.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Harding (see all)
- NY Literary Magazine “TEARS” Anthology: A Collection of Dark, Sad Poems - November 13, 2017
- Winners of the NY Literary Magazine’s “TEARS” Dark Poetry Contest - July 1, 2017
- Winners of the FLAMES Erotic Poetry Contest by the NY Literary Magazine - July 1, 2017