Submit Your Short Story to the NY Literary Magazine
Did you write an outstanding, unique short story? Send us your captivating short story for a chance to be published in the NY Literary Magazine.
The NY Literary Magazine accepts original short stories in all genres including fiction, fantasy, horror, erotica, and non-fiction.
We are now accepting short story submissions through our online submission form. There is NO Reading Fee!
Short Story Submission Guidelines:
- Please use the form below to submit your short story to us. We do not accept email or postal submissions.
- We accept up to 5 submissions per writer, so please send us your best works.
- We accept short stories by writers of any age and nationality.
- Word count: 2,000 words or less (~12,000 characters).
- Accepted file formats: Word doc, windows notepad text document, PDF or WordPad document.
- Due to the COPPA regulations, we can only accept submissions from poets who are at least 13 years old.
If you are younger than 13, please have your parent or legal guardian submit your short story for you.
- Please be aware that due to the quantity of submissions we receive, it may take us 2-3 months to read your short story.
Any stories with grammatical errors or spelling mistakes will be trashed.
Before submitting your short story, read and re-read your story several times, use a spell checker to fix up spelling mistakes, and use Grammarly (free Word doc extension and online service) to fix up any grammatical errors.
We recommend that you read this article by one of our Editors “9 Worst Mistakes that will Get your Submissions Trashed at Once“.
[gravityform id=”9″ title=”false” description=”false”]