Submit Your Poems to the NY Literary Magazine
If you wish to submit your poetry for consideration in our magazine, please use this form below to send us your best poems. The finest poetry will be published on our website and in our print and digital magazine.
The NY Literary Magazine publishes 3 main Issues a year; namely in April, August, and December. Occasionally when we run special poetry contests, we may publish additional Anthologies.
Our literary magazine also runs poetry contests and competitions. Visit the contests page for information about current and upcoming contests.
Submission period is currently open! Scroll down the page for the submission form.
Poetry Submission Guidelines
- Please use the form below to submit your poems. We do not accept submissions via email or mail.
- We accept multiple submissions from each writer.
Please send in each poem as a separate form submission.
- We accept submissions from writers of any age and nationality.
- You do not need to have any writing credentials. The quality of your writing is the only thing that matters to us.
- Previous NY Literary Magazine poetry contest winners are NOT eligible to win again during the same year.
However, all previously published poets and contest winners may submit new poems for consideration at any time.
- We do not accept extremely short poems. Please submit only poems that are minimum 10 lines long.
- If your poem is accepted for publication elsewhere after you submitted it to us, please let us know immediately!
- If your poem has spelling mistakes or grammatical errors it will be trashed at once.
Please use a spell checker or the free Grammarly browser add-on to correct spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
Before sending in your submission, we recommend that you read this article by one of our Editors “9 Worst Mistakes that will Get your Submissions Trashed at Once“.
Due to the COPPA regulations, we can only accept submissions from poets who at least 13 years old. If you are younger than 13, please have your parent or legal guardian submit your poetry for you.
Please be aware that due to the overwhelming quantity of submissions we receive, it may take us 2-6 months to read your poem and get back to you.
Thank you for considering the NY Literary Magazine!