NY Literary Magazine Interns
Many Thanks to our Awesome 2017 Interns!
Reading and writing are her passions, and she's recently been hired to work as a writing consultant at Auburn's Miller Writing Center to assist students in all stages of the writing process with all forms of writing. She hopes to pursue an MFA after graduation.
Selina enjoys reading international literature and exploring community literacy, both real and virtual. She is an avid blogger and promotes the expression of social commentary.
Latest posts by Selina R. Dukes (see all)
- The Most Prestigious Book Awards in the Publishing Industry - October 11, 2017
- The Top Networks and Associations for Writers - July 5, 2017
- Upcoming Noteworthy Literary Events in NYC - July 1, 2017
Latest posts by Alicia Jackson (see all)
- 25 Leading Literary Agents Who Represent Children’s Books - October 16, 2017
- Interview with Erin Trejo, International Bestselling Author of MC Series - August 17, 2017
- The Life and Works of Author & Poet Sylvia Plath - August 17, 2017
She has been published by the North American Dostoevsky Society, and in the Hart House Review 2016.
Latest posts by Jen Batler (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Crowdfunding Your Book - November 10, 2017
- 11 Best Online Communities for Writers & Poets - November 8, 2017
- 8 Effective Techniques for Writing Great Dialogue - October 26, 2017
She has always been an avid reader, writing and reading poetry since she was six years old.
She hopes to eventually earn a doctorate degree in literature or writing and will be graduating a year early in order to do so. She is the Managing Editor of FSU Her Campus, a member of Omicron Delta Kappa, and a member of Delta Zeta.
Latest posts by Hannah Messinger (see all)
- Top 10 Universities for Creative Writing in the U.S. - August 30, 2017
- 20 Important Annual Writing Conferences - July 10, 2017
- The Top 10 Agent Pitch Slams and Pitching Events in 2017-2018 - July 3, 2017
Latest posts by Emma McGorray (see all)
- 5 Top Fiction Publishers Accepting Unagented Manuscripts - September 21, 2017
- Upcoming Book Signing Event in NYC - July 20, 2017
- Who is Frankenstein? - June 29, 2017
Currently, she's the Marketing Director and Web Editor for her University's student-run literary magazine, 'The Inkwell.' She's also a contributing writer for the magazine and has numerous poems published in their issues.
Latest posts by Alyssa Vigorito (see all)
- The Life and Works of Toni Morrison - September 12, 2017
- List of Top Literary Agents and Publishers Accepting Poetry Submissions - August 1, 2017
- 17 Noteworthy Literary Festivals in New York (2017-2018) - July 24, 2017
One of her works was published in the North Texas Review.
In her spare time, she competes in dog agility, rides dressage, and hopes to one day get into competitive spoken word.
She is an avid reader, and never leaves for a trip without her kindle and a couple of books. She currently writes for her school's entertainment magazine and Flawless Mag.
Latest posts by Anahita Padmanabhan (see all)
- The 13 Best Writing Retreats Around the World in 2017 - July 1, 2017
- “The Association of Small Bombs” Book Review - June 28, 2017
- “The Japanese Lover” Book Review - June 23, 2017
Latest posts by Namrata Susan Verghese (see all)
She is an avid reader and currently writes and edits for The Daily Princetonian.
Latest posts by Miranda Hasty (see all)
I've been published in the Current literary magazine and Teen Ink, and founded the PoeTea Club, which specializes in spreading awareness and appreciation of poetry throughout the student body by holding events and readings.
I'm also acting as one of the student editors of Ashberyland, an online blog dedicated to the review of American contemporary poetry.
Additionally, I love to write plays in my free time, and I've directed my one-acts in an annual festival called the Student Productions, produced by Theater 308 for the past two years.
Latest posts by Candice Wang (see all)
I have strong skills in the area of editing not only because I am a writer myself, but because my MA Creative Writing (University of Manchester, England) revolved around weekly workshops and editing fellow students’ work.
Recently, I won the 2017 Poetry Rivals UK Slam and my pamphlet will be published by Burning Eye Books. My work has appeared in a variety of magazines and will appear in Ink Sweat & Tears in Fall 2017.
Latest posts by Keshia Starrett (see all)
I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington with my B.A. in English in two years. While in school, I was a member of two dance companies, the Feminist Student Alliance, Sigma Tau Delta, and the ECO club.